Cold Winds Valley Pack
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

I forgot my password

Who is online?
In total there is 1 user online :: 0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest

None

[ View the whole list ]

Most users ever online was 21 on Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:02 am

The Adventures of Caoimhe:The Lost Pup

2 posters

Go down

The Adventures of Caoimhe:The Lost Pup Empty The Adventures of Caoimhe:The Lost Pup

Post  Kodiak Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:08 pm

The Adventures of Caoimhe
The Stories of a She-Wolf
The Lost Pup

A pup listened to the beat of its mother's heart as it suckled.A small thrumming sound echoed in its mind as it slept.Mum,this is my mum, it heard its dream voice say.A small whimper from beside it made its small eyes open slightly.A brother.This is my brother, The pup thought as its brother nestled father into his mum's soft fur.Warmth from her mother's pelt seeped into the pup's own thin fur and into her body.My own heart beats inside,warm and strong,yet not as loudly as my mum's.How can that be? The pup closed its eyes once more,and was quickly inveloped by the darkness of sleep.
Just as it drifted off to sleep,the pup was jolted awake by a rumble.Frightened deeply,the pup opened her eyes and saw nothing but dirt,rock,and...fur.Now confused,the pup began to squirm,but could not move.
Am I dead? The pup wondered,fear surging throughout her small body.Suddenly,light was visible from the edge of her vision.A light,from outside,with a snout poking through grabbed her scruff and pulled her out of the rubble.
Her rescuer set her down gently next to her brother,then continued to dig through the dirt.A pelt appeared,then a whole wolf.Her mum's soft gray pelt was finally visible,limp and dirty.Giving it a quick sniff,the rescuer turned and grabbed the pup up by the scruff and crawled out of the narrow entrance to the whelping den.Another wolf followed carrying the pup's brother.Her carrier started to run,when a new rumble stopped them.Then,before the pup knew it,she was plummeting down,down into a deep,neverending crevasse...

Caoimhe sat bolt upright in her bed of three pelts.Beside her,her brother,Abban,looked up at her calmly,his eyes showing no emotion."That same dream about Mum?" The smoky gray wolf murmured sleepily.Caoimhe nodded,her heart pounding in her chest."The one where I was falling down a deep hole in the ground," The she-wolf turned to look at her brother,"That may have never happened,but...it just feels like it is a distant memory,long forgotten."
Abban shrugged dismissively and laid his head on his bed of pelts,drifting into a doze.Caoimhe's brow furrowed and she felt a sudden surge of anger at her brother,then quickly pushed it away.I needn't stir up any trouble, she reminded herself.Ruffling her fur over such a small,unimportant matter wouldn't be the smartest thing the she-wolf could do.Deciding it was nothing to worry herself about,Caoimhe stood up.And for the first time in weeks,she noticed her missing paw.Shaking off the empty feeling of it,she walked slowly out of her den and looked around the clearing.Some wolves were laughing,pups were playing games,but something at the edge of the camp caught her eye.The prisoners.Captives the pack had taken from a rogue gang.Every wolf had been given a name in the Kaavaans language to use when near the captives.Caoimhe's had been Blou ys,which meant blue ice.
As Caoimhe appraoched,the wolves guarding the prisoners stopped her before she came too close."Wat is jy doen?" One of them asked her."Verskoon my.Ek wanted om te see die prisoners," Caoimhe said quickly,which basically meant 'pardon me,I wanted to see the prisoners.'
The guards shook their heads and gave Caoimhe a hard stare.One of them,being Caoimhe's kin growled,"Geen,nooit,geen manier!" Which meant 'no,never,no way!'"Great slag teen all verraaiers are komin.There'll be slag kloue,bloed,vuur,and deep littekens," The other one said.Caoimhe bent her head in submission."Verskoon my," She said once more.The blue-gray she-wolf backed away from the prisoners and trotted back to her den that she shared with her brother.Suddenly,she paused,feeling as if her feet were rooted to the ground.Just then,a piercing howl cut through the still morning air."Oh,my pup!My pup is gone!" A she-wolf's shrill voice came from somewhere in the camp.Caoimhe turned and stood there,planted to the ground.Only as wolves started rushing to the she-wolf's aide did Caoimhe make a move toward the den.
Wolves had gathered around the she-wolf,trying to console her.Only the guards remained in the clearing.Mothers had grabbed their pups and were holding them tightly to their bodies.Caoimhe had moved closer to the den,just enough to where she could hear everything."I left the den for a few minutes to relieve myself,and when I came back,he was g-gone," The mother wept,large oily tears streaming from her eyes.Caoimhe backed away from the den.She had seen this pup before.He was a rusty colored little wolf,with green eyes.Having an exceptional sense of smell,Caoimhe picked up the scent of the pup right away.For a second,she lingered around the spot to make sure her nose had been correct.With a flick of her silver-tipped ears,the she-wolf set off.Her slightly limping gait was hurried.The quicker she found this pup,the better.

Dizzy ran through the forest feeling light as a bird.Her tabby flecked gray pelt shone as she passed through shafts of sunlight.The she-cat slowed to a stop and panted."Come on Soot,keep up!" She called over her shoulder.The black cat peeped over a bush."I'ma' comin',I'ma' comin'," Soot muttered at his friend as he tramped into the clear patch of trees.Dizzy simply rolled her eyes and looked up for her feathered friend."Hazelnut!Where are you?" The cat called to her friend.The sparrow flitted down from a higher tree and onto a small sapling near Dizzy.By this time,Soot had caught up with Dizzy and was licking his white front paw."Where've you been Hazelnut?" He asked between licks.The sparrow angled herself to where she could see both the cats."I saw the greatest,best,most fantastic nut ever and I had to stop by and gather it," The sparrow twittered.Dizzy had tuned them out and concentrated on a sound,farther away than the farthest trees she could see.
The sound the cat had heard was Caoimhe.Her slightly lopped gait made her front paw make noise as it hit the ground.As she charged through the forest,keeping her nose to the ground,Dizzy got up from her spot and angled her ears toward the wolf.She couldn't see her,but she could hear the shudder that passed through the leaves as Caoimhe passed over them.By this time,Soot could hear it too."Hey,Hazelnut,you hear that?" The black and white cat asked without taking his eyes off the direction Caoimhe was coming from.The sparrow flitted to a higher branch and looked to the direction the noise was coming from."Sure do,Sootie.Sounds like the tramping of a big animal," The sparrow said,somewhat surprised.Soot and Dizzy stood rooted to their spots as the she-wolf came closer.A slight breeze made leaves tremble as it blew towards the two cats and their sparrow friend.Caoimhe's scent blew towards them and the black cat started to tremble with fear."Dizz,that's a wolf smell,and you know what wolves do to animals like us.They'll chew us up and spit out our bones,so we gotta' get out of here," Soot stuttered,turning away from Dizzy.The tortoiseshell she-cat stayed glued to her spot,not daring to move.
Caoimhe galloped through the forest,unknowingly towards the frightened cats.A glimpse was all she caught of them.At the first sight of the wolf,the cats bolted for the trees.Caoimhe felt the urge to chase,but her desire to find the lost pup was stronger.Driven on by her sense of duty,she ran past the cats' trees.Dizzy,watching the wolf go past her,relaxed ever so slightly.As Caoimhe disappeared from sight,she tentatively slid down from the tree."Soot,why do you think she kept going without even stopping to give us a sniff?" The she-cat asked her friend,who was still high up in his tree.The black cat sniffed distainfully,"Aren't you thankful?You should be glad that that wolf is gone and won't bother us again," He growled as he started to descend from his tree.Meanwhile,Caoimhe was hot on the trail of the pup.The scent was overlayed by a different one,a threatening scent.Suddenly dreading the outcome,Caoimhe found the strength to go faster.With every step she took,her sense of dread grew stronger.
Once she reached the end of the wood,a blinding light hit her eyes.Pausing to get her bearings,Caoimhe saw that she was in a clearing,with a large rock at the other end.Then,a flash of horror washed over her.A cougar,a large one,stood at the edge of the rock,peering into a small crack.Russet fur clung from its jaws.Feeling slightly dizzy,Caoimhe backed into the shadows.As the cougar stepped to the side,she could see into the crack.Relief washed over her as she could see the pup inside,scared and scraped,but not harmed.Caoimhe felt her paws enlightening and her fur rising.As a red haze dimmed her vision,the she-wolf felt herself charge the cougar and her claws sunk into flesh.As blood spattered her pelt,Caoimhe was totally blinded by the red haze that had crept over her eyes.
As Caoimhe woke,blood lay spattered across the clearing,and a wolf,two cats,and a cougar were locked in a standoff on the opposite side.She was laying on her side,and there was a small cut on her shoulder,but nothing serious.When she got up,Caoimhe realized that the wolf was her friend,Tadhg,but the cats were unknown to her.As she walked up behind them,the cougar gave a final snarl and turned tail.Tadhg barked his victory to the sky and the cats huddled close together.Caoimhe went up to Tadhg to thank him."Thank you,Tadhg.I could have died and so could have the-THE PUP!" Caoimhe shrieked,remembering the pup that had been in the crack in the rock.She bolted to the crack where she had last seen him and sniffed.The pup was there and he looked up at her with eyes of gratitude."Thank you for saving and rescuing me from that monster," He squeaked.Caoimhe smiled,the missing pup had been found,thanks to her keen nose and protective instincts.She,Caoimhe,had found the lost pup.

LOVE MY SHORT STORY!!! LOVE IT!!! Ha,just kidding...possibly...and I'm sorry the end is horrible; if I don't end it quickly,it just keeps going...and going...and going.So enjoy anyway,
~Koda
Kodiak
Kodiak
Admin

Character sheet
Spirit Points: Infinite
Spirit Guide: Anei(A Vixen)
Wolf Name: Kodiak

https://coldwindsvalleypack.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Caoimhe:The Lost Pup Empty Re: The Adventures of Caoimhe:The Lost Pup

Post  Kodiak Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Oh by the way,you pronounce Caoimhe like Kee-vee or Keavy.Hope that clears a few things up Razz
Kodiak
Kodiak
Admin

Character sheet
Spirit Points: Infinite
Spirit Guide: Anei(A Vixen)
Wolf Name: Kodiak

https://coldwindsvalleypack.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

The Adventures of Caoimhe:The Lost Pup Empty Re: The Adventures of Caoimhe:The Lost Pup

Post  Hina Fri Sep 28, 2012 7:19 pm

Good job Kodiak. (I think he had a little typo here lol)
Hina
Hina

Character sheet
Spirit Points: 25
Spirit Guide: Hina-Ichigo/Lambdadelta (Lynx)
Wolf Name: Hina

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum